Great Sculptor, hew and polish us; nor let
Hidden and lost, Your from within us lie!
-Horatius Bonar
I can't believe how fast time flies. My babies are growing up! I am getting older...only physically...Mentally I am full of youth:)! AND I just celebrated my 8th Anniversary! Now, I have to admit that I have a tendancy to anyalize EVERYTHING! Just ask my husband or my friend Rebecca (or even better my MOM)! Bless all their hearts for putting up with me! Yes, thinking is a great aspect of revitalizing one's current position in life such as motherhood, being a wife, or yes finding the perfect haircut!!! But it can also cause us to get stuck in the pit of our follies. As a homeschool mommy, I am adjusting to juggling many aspects of my life. I have found that many times I overlook me. I forget to rejuvenate the girl inside. You know, the one who likes her toe nails painted, hair up-dated, to read a book other than Dr. Suess, or just sit without the odd feeling of a car under my behind. Not to worry, all those things make me smile and journal all the more about life. But we as women are hard on ourselves. I am truly guilty of creating a "to do" list on my impending behaviors. This only results in a dose of guilt of "nothingness" for God's kingdom. So, where am I going with this...I'm glad you asked.
My Bible study lead me to Romans 12: 1-3, " I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
My "cheat-notes" gave me a great understanding of my role. Did you know that the greek word for "beseech" is parakalo, which means to "call alongside" . So we have been "called alongside" to a committed living. Our commitment as a woman is to be set apart from others (women). We have to live in the present time. Present in Greek is Parastesai. As the verb in Greek it means to "receive challenge." So I accept my challenge to live the life of "reasonable service." Nope, I am not perfect, yep, there's laundry on my floor, and oh my hair...DEFINITELY not Hollywood style. But I love the Lord with all my heart and try my best to serve Him and raise a godly family. So, in light of my mother's saying....I am a skinny, beautiful, and talented woman..WOMAN..let me say it again!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment